American Indian Scholarships Fund
|The American Indian Scholars License Plate is a Colorado state issued plate featuring a medicine wheel design by Francis Sherwood.
Colorado residents may obtain one by purchasing a certificate for a $25 donation and pay the specialty plate and registration fees. Purchase your certificate from the Rocky Mountain Indian Chamber of Commerce or the Denver Indian Center, take it to your county DMV office, pay your plate and registration fees and pick up your license plate.
The American Indian Scholars license plate is the result of a collaborative effort by our community members and political representatives. Proceeds from your donation go to a scholarship fund for Colorado Indian Education Foundation. Additional donations to the fund are accepted and appreciated.
* Standard license plate fees and taxes +
* $25 specialty plate fee +
* $25 minimum donation to scholarship fund.
The specialty plate fee is assessed by the Department of Motor Vehicles upon purchase and does not apply when license plates are renewed annually.
Your scholarship donation is tax deductible. We will send you a receipt for your records (if ordering by mail). There is no obligation beyond the initial $25.00 donation, however, additional donations are always welcome and appreciated.
How to get one
* Purchase a certificate from the Rocky Mountain Indian Chamber of Commerce for a $25 minimum donation. You may print an order form from our site or you may obtain one from our office in Denver, Monday to Friday, 8 am to 5 pm. Our office is located at 924 W. Colfax, Suite 104F (lower level) or from the Denver Indian Center, 4407 Morrison Road, Denver, CO 80219, 303-936-2688.
* Take the certificate to your local Colorado DMV office, pay the specialty license and registration fees and pick up your license plate.